Your Recommendations for MeLast month I asked on Facebook and Twitter what your favorite board book and picture books were. You all gave me tons of ideas, and Eleanor and I had a blast checking them out from the library.
Anne Bogel recommended Byron Barton. We checked out Boats, but Eleanor wasn't too interested in it, I couldn't get her to read it more than once. It had adorable illustrations though, and I think for the younger-than-2 crowd it could be a hit.
Amanda Junkel recommended Sleepy, Oh So Sleepy by Denise Fleming. We've read this one about a million times at bedtime now. I'd call it a hit! Such a sweet little story. And perfect for lulling a wiggly kid into a quiet state at bedtime!
Julie Haller recommended Todd Parr. We checked out We Belong Together: A Book About Adoption and Families. Eleanor immediately made me read it four times in a row, turning back to the beginning as soon as I got to the end. And then all week she kept requesting "that very bright book". A definite winner of a recommendation - and we'll be looking for more Todd Parr books!
My Recommendations for YouI've been enjoying several other book-related 31 Days series, and I thought you might like them too.
- Shelley from The Book Diaries is doing 31 Days of Children's Book Crushes. So much fun!
- Amy in Wanderland is doing 31 Young Adult Books You'll Love Too! She's been talking about a bunch of books I remember and love.
- Kristin from Bits and Pieces From My Life is doing a series that occasionally uses books to help keep you and your kids happy with 31 Days, 31 Smiles.
- Cindy from Crayon Wishes and Popsicle Dreams has given me a bunch of great ideas to keep reading fun in her 31 Days: Enjoying Children's Books series.
- Sheila from The Deliberate Reader is doing 31 Days of Great Nonfiction Reads. Lots of good biographies!
What other picture books would you recommend?
Following any other great 31 Days series?
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.