- Browne, Hester - The Runaway Princess // modern chick-lit
- Hale, Shannon - Midnight in Austenland // a mystery/romance set in an Austen theme park
- Heyer, Georgette - The Nonesuch and Charity Girl and The Grand Sophy // funny, Austen-esque Regency Romances
- Izzo, Kim - The Jane Austen Marriage Manual // modern chick-lit
- Sipher, Devan - The Wedding Beat // 'chick' lit from a male wedding columnist
- Stewart, Mary - Madam, Will You Talk? // Gothic suspense romance set in 1950s France
- Todd, Charles - The Walnut Tree // WWI England and France
I'm warning you in advance, about 3/4 of the romances I read are going to be Georgette Heyer. I love her books so much! But I occasionally do read other romances or chick lit-type books.